Experienced Project Manager
Audacia is a Leeds and London based software development company. We specialise in building complex, integral software solutions for clients including global mechanical seals manufacturer AESSEAL; leading telecommunications provider O2; and award-winning offshore solutions provider Specialist Marine Consultants (SMC).
We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our growing team in Leeds City Centre, based in our waterfront office on The Calls.
You’ll be working on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects, across multiple sectors; from commodities trading platforms for one of the largest agricultural companies in the world, to applications to manage people across one of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world. You’ll have opportunities to deliver multiple concurrent projects or manage the delivery of a single larger project.
Responsible for full project delivery, you’ll engage with clients at the inception and analysis phase, following on to lead the team all the way through the project life cycle.
You’ll be leading multidisciplinary teams of intelligent, friendly and engaging analytical thinkers who have a passion for technology and love to solve complex problems, working in a culture focused on collaboration, ownership and curiosity.
As a Project Manager, you'll have line management responsibilities for those in your team, working to support and help individuals develop in their personal progression and desired career path through leading quarterly progression reviews.
Working directly with clients, you’ll be engaging with stakeholders at all levels, right through to C-level. You’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining the successful client relationships that Audacia are known for, adopting our collaborative and transparent approach to deliver high quality end products that transform businesses.
We trust our teams, so you’ll be given autonomy and ownership, enabling you to choose the most appropriate and effective approach to successfully manage and deliver each project. You’ll be provided with the tools and services needed for you to work to your full potential, alongside the help and guidance from senior management when required.
You’ll be part of a community here, with people who like to socialise both inside and outside of work. Outside of working hours (and lockdown), you’ll find us at the pub, playing in pool leagues, board games and D&D, yoga sessions, cinema trips and dinners. Or simply building AR prototypes over some pizza and beer.
About the Role
As an experienced Project Manager, you will work directly with our clients, our software development and test teams to deliver end-to-end projects for both new and existing products.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- You will be managing the ongoing delivery of one or more projects on a day-to-day basis
- You will be responsible for establishing an agile process and maintaining this through the project lifecycle
- You will be responsible for coordinating events to support the process
- You will be responsible for ensuring agile principles are followed by educating and guiding clients and internal development teams
- You will be required to understand our clients’ business processes and ensure that the tasks captured to develop their software will result in software that meets their needs
- You will be responsible for ensuring quality standards are adhered to and testing is focused and effective
- You will be responsible for planning projects and coordinating multiple concurrent projects
- You will be responsible for reporting project progress to both client and internal stakeholders
- You will be responsible for maintaining regular and open communication with our clients
- Gain a full working understanding of a broad range of bespoke software products which meet the challenging needs of our customers
- Work closely with customer representatives and the development team to define appropriate acceptance criteria for each feature
- Work with the development team to estimate and plan future tasks and development iterations
- Work with customer representatives to prioritise features and plan releases
- Chair meetings to ensure desired outcomes are achieved in an efficient manner
- Maintain agile planning tools to track progress and report on project metrics
- Liaise with management and other project teams to ensure projects are appropriately resourced throughout the project lifecycle
Key Competencies & Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational skills, to include time management and planning
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and to work as part of a team
- Willingness, ability to self-learn and quickly adapt to new scenarios
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and committed to a career in project management
- Project management: 2 years
- Client facing experience
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Business analysis and problem solving
- Formal project management qualifications (APMP, Scrum Master)