Audacia is a Leeds and London based software development company. We design, build and test complex, integral software solutions for industry leaders including global mechanical seals manufacturer AESSEAL; leading telecommunications provider O2; and award-winning offshore solutions provider Specialist Marine Consultants (SMC).
We’re looking for an Associate Software Tester to join our growing team in Leeds City Centre, based out of our waterfront office on The Calls.
As an Associate Software Tester, you’ll be using the latest tools and technologies to execute testing across multiple interesting and challenging projects. From agricultural commodities platforms for one of the largest agricultural companies in the world, to systems to manage people across the biggest offshore wind farm in the world. Working to ensure that our software is delivered at the highest quality for our clients.
Our testing function isn’t siloed here, you’ll be working closely with developers and project managers, collaborating as one single team for an effective project delivery. Our teams are made up of engaging, smart and analytical thinkers who love to solve complex problems. Working in an open environment that promotes transparency and knowledge sharing.
You’ll be working across the full software development lifecycle in each project, responsible for testing applications from conception to go live. From meeting with clients to create robust acceptance criteria, to designing and executing regression tests to sign off the system.
We trust our teams. You’ll be given ownership and autonomy throughout projects. You have the ability to shape progress here, with opportunities to pitch new ideas to improve existing ways of working and review and implement new tools into the testing process.
You’ll benefit from quarterly progression reviews to assess where you are in terms of your desired career path and personal development progress. Your career is yours to drive at Audacia, with opportunities to lead teams, move into management positions, or different roles.
You’ll be part of a community here, with people who like to engage inside and outside of work. You'll normally find us in evenings at the pub, playing in a pool league, board games or D&D, at yoga sessions or the cinema, or simply building AR prototypes over some pizza and beer.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private health cover
- Pension matching up to 8%
- Dedicated career manager
- Learning & development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social events
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Free breakfast Wednesday
- Wider business contribution
About the role:
As a Software Tester, you will work with clients and our software developers to ensure quality across both new and existing products.
- Gain a full working understanding of a broad range of bespoke software products which meet the challenging needs of our customers
- Work closely with clients and the development team to define appropriate acceptance criteria for each feature
- Design and script an appropriate set of tests for each feature being developed
- Plan, create and update automated test scripts
- Execute manual and automated tests
- Design and script tests to test non-functional aspects of the development
- Provide support for clients working through User Acceptance Testing
- Triage feedback from clients and report to the development team
- Provide end user support
Key competencies & requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and to work as part of a team
- Willingness to self-learn and quickly adapt to new technologies, tools and working practises
Manual testing: 1+ years Defect tracking software tools: 1+ years
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Some knowledge/awareness of automated testing and tools
Technologies & tools:
We use the following technologies and tools, and full training will be provided where necessary
- C# .NET (API automation)
- Cypress.js (UI automation)
- OWASP ZAP
Click the link below to apply, or email [email protected] and attach your CV with a reference to the job role 🚀